Tuesday 16 July 2019

Captured


The look on Off’s face was priceless as I turned for one last look at the shambles I’d created with from his presentation. I reached for the door and a cloud of white powder burst from the covering me.
My invisibility no longer a function to rely on I needed to escape into the crowds of the city. Melbourne was always busy and even covered in white, I doubted I’d stand out, the door wouldn’t open and the strength I’d enjoyed moments before seemed to seep into the floor. Like a wet towel I crumpled, Arrestium, the cunning old fool had rigged the door with the only substance which could weaken me.
‘Peaches, so good of you to come,’ Off’s voice came from everywhere bursting into my ears like the gloating oaf he was, ‘I did like the dance you constructed for the poor private, but now you and I will dance to another tune entirely, I think.’
I felt somebody put there arms below me and carry me onto the stage and sit me in a chair directly below the spot light.
‘Gentlemen and ladies, Millennium Woman as you can see is helpless. Arrestium has done what it was designed to do.’ He turned to me and lifted my chin and whispered, ‘another one of your father’s inventions, little one.’
I’d hated the way he’d used those words to define me even as a child. I went to speak, but couldn’t. I was completely under his control.
‘However,’ he continued, ‘we have an antidote. It is now time, Millennium Woman to work for me…’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Captured

The look on Off’s face was priceless as I turned for one last look at the shambles I’d created with from his presentation. I reached for ...