Friday 21 June 2019

I'm a Spoiled Brat



29th  June 2010


I had treated my parents like dirt over the days leading up to the suit being taken by Dereck. Dad had retreated to his bunker under the house and our communication had reduced to grunts. I don’t think he liked it and I found it hard to stay angry with them. Why give me something only to have them take it away so soon. Mum must have felt the tension too as all of the girly chat had gone from our conversation. She helped me dress each day, but every question she asked was met with a grunt from me.
My suit had hung on its hook since Dad did the magic tricks with it. Mum tried to cajole me into it saying that any muscle stimulation was better than none. On the week end Dereck Strange collected the suit. I was surprised that they let me keep the belt and boots, but Dad had let him think they were only accessories and played no part in making the suit work. He took the original remote control too.
Over the next two weeks I researched and read everything I could find about my condition. Everyone had promise, none had a fix-all and a fix-all was what my family needed now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Captured

The look on Off’s face was priceless as I turned for one last look at the shambles I’d created with from his presentation. I reached for ...